Thursday, December 8, 2011

Smile: A Random Act of Joy

Every time I visit Mia Bloom's Blog "Graffiti Inspirations", ,http://graffitiinspirations.blogspot.com/, I can't help but smile and have a nice, warm, good feeling come over me.  She is painting inspirational words on canvas board and leaving these around town.  Whoever finds them, is fortunate, indeed.  As a result of the impact that her work has had on me, I figure that if more folks smiled when going about their daily lives, that kind of good feeling might be contagious.

Some scraps of card stock lay in my work table and beckoned to be used rather than tossed into the trash.  Unlike Mia's works, these are not art.  They are merely little words that may elicit a smile from those who find them tucked on shelves, on tables, on park benches or at bus stops across the city.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting about my graffiti project. It's been fun leaving the artwork in public places. I'm happy to hear that you're inspired to create your own project. Are you putting your blog information on the back? I will watch out for a smile card in my area.

    ReplyDelete