Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Soar, Fly, Rise" - A New Art Quilt

For the longest time I've been telling myself that I really must finish some started, but never finished works.  This is one of them.


It all started with remnants of collaged newspaper images that were printed onto white fabric and was used in my work, "Grey Matter Unveiled" for the Quilts On The Wall exhibit, "Magnified Views" that traveled throughout the United States with the Mancuso Shows.

Closeup of Newspaper Collage

                                                        
The fabric became the background for "Soar, Fly, Rise"
I first over-painted part of the newspaper printing with orange Setacolor transparent fabric paint (purchased from Dharma Trading Company) and then used acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium to paint a stylized sun and words.
Next came the binding and hanging sleeve and, wa-la, one more UFO was complete and that makes me happy.  This gives me hope that more unfinished works will one day be complete.

  Revisiting old friends can be very fun.  Do you also have unfinished works that one day started with great creativity and gusto only to find their way into a stash of "...one day...one day I'll finish this"?
All contents of this blog are Copyright © 2007-2013 Linda Friedman / Linda's Art Quilts  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment