Saturday, April 29, 2017

"Waiting for Dawn"

It all started with a
one-of-a-kind print from many moons ago
Print Made from Raised Impression on a Small Serving Plate
and some hand dyed fabric remnants
After doing some dying, printing and piecing, I had come to a stopping place with a piece I was working on and started to clean up after making a mess.  Just couldn't bring myself to toss the dyed remnants.  I had 8small,  orange tone triangles and a several feet of left over strips of mottled grey fabric.  As I opened the draw were I save workable remnants, the print of a small bird caught my eye.  It had been hiding in that drawer for at least a couple of years.

I tried several arrangements of the remnants and finally settled on a design that I liked and set about piecing it.  On my worktable lay some green fabric that I thought might pull out the muted green in the print.  Yep.  It worked so I pieced a border with it, backed it with batting and fabric and set about doing simple stitch in the ditch quilting.

I could have bound or faced the piece, but since it was 12.5" x 12.5" and I had a 12" square stretched canvas on hand, I put a boxed facing around it and stapled the facing to the back of the canvas.
Stapling the Facing to the Back of the Frame
To finished the piece I cut a mat board backing, glued it to the back, attached small D-rings and strung the piece with hanging wire.  Waalaa!  Another brain fluff was complete.
"Waiting for Dawn"
 I dearly love the creative moments which come about with no planning, just the joy of making something from nothing.
Always remember, never fear to experiment.  
Sometimes wonderful things happen.
© Linda Friedman 2017.  All rights reserved

9 comments:

  1. I love that you're working with UFOs! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Mia. Little by little I am going through some old projects and also using old remnants to make new works. The other day I discovered that I've actually made headway into thinning out my stash of fabrics.

      Delete
  2. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    We snowhite read your blog..It looks great! Thanks !
    baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    We snowhiteseventhavenue read your Post..It was so good! Thanks !
    baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    We snowhiteseventhavenue read your Post.. I Like very much
    baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete