The first layer of blues, yellows and golds came from cleaning brushes that I used in a bird painting for a challenge quilt that I have been developing.
The second layer emerged by using screen printing ink that remained on tools that I was using for another project. I grabbed a foam checker board stamp and somewhat randomly stamped over the first layer
After enjoying an afternoon glass of iced tea, I opened the tea bag, cleaned out the tea leaves, rinsed it and laid it flat to dry. Just couldn't leave well enough alone. Some apples were almost over ripe and instead of throwing them into the compost bin, I cut one in half and made a print on the tea bag. After it was completely dry and heat set with an iron, I used matte gel medium to make it a part of the fabric.
Enough is still not enough...at least I don't think it is. We shall see what does or does not develop from here. I suppose it will depend on what colors will need to be cleaned off of tools from the next project.
It is great fun seeing what develops when there is no plan or preconceived idea. Onward!