Saturday, April 10, 2010

Aspiration in Progress

"Aspiration" nearing completion

This seeds of this work began to grow as I took a look at my transparent vinyl bag of fabric scraps and decided that it was high time to either start using some of the scraps or find a better place to store them than under my sewing table. I began laying out some of the pieces on the dining room table and started to see a design take shape. It was at this juncture that I figured that the design needed to be placed on a fabric backing. I had tried to save the initial design with a digital picture, but since some of the pieces were rather small, I wasn't having much luck putting them back exactly as they were in the photo. As the design unfolded, I added other elements such as mesh from a potato sack and embossed strips of aluminum from a roasting pan that I had colored with alcohol inks. I was amazed at how easily my machine stitched through the aluminum.

No comments:

Post a Comment