Sunday, April 22, 2012

How to Make a Cut-Away Stitched Grid

While vacuuming yesterday I had a brain fluff so I dropped what I was doing (so much for cleaning house) and picked up a fabric remnant.  I cut a circle out of the fabric, backed it with water soluble stabilizer, put it in a machine embroidery hoop, and set about stitching a grid.  When the circle was filled in with intersecting stitching lines, I satin stitched around the edge of the circle to assure that all the grid lines were secure.  Finally, I soaked it in warm water to remove the stabilizer and waalaa, my brain fluff worked. 


What am I going to do with it?  I don't have the foggiest idea.  It will probably sit for a long time as another "what if" thing.  I've learned so much from others who have been generous enough to share their methods and processes on-line that this is my small way of giving back.  Who knows when someone might see a "how to" that would work for something they are thinking about creating.



No comments:

Post a Comment