Friday, January 13, 2017

"Tulips in the Window" - Stained Glass in Fiber

As the years pass, unfinished works seem to add up and then fade into that abyss of time.  My New Year's resolution for 2017 was to revisit storage trunks, pull out uncompleted works and finish at least the ones that I had begun years ago.

I began this work over 8 years ago.  It withstood the test of time--I still liked what it might become.  Today I am ecstatic to report that this piece is completed!  Yay!!

Here are a couple of close-ups of this work in which I used hand dyed and silver lamé fabrics on a background of black commercial fabric

Here are a couple of close-up shots:

Now, I must get back to going through my trunks to identify more works in want of attention.

Always remember, never fear to experiment.  
Sometimes wonderful things happen.
© Linda Friedman 2017.  All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You're really moving along on getting those WIP done. Great job! What size is this piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Mia :-) One more WIP finished. Yay! It is 22 1/2" x 44 1/2".

      Delete
  2. Linda you inspire me! It is such a good feeling to clear out some of these unfinished projects. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Eileen. Those darned UFOs are like a prickly conscience. I'm working on another one today. The job is to cull out the ones that seemed great at the time they were started, but seemed to have lost their inspirational lack luster over time. Here's lifting a toast to our resolutions for 2017.

      Delete