Friday, March 10, 2017

"Textile Translations"

This work was created in response to the theme, "Put a Bird on It," for Beyond the Edge Fiber Artists, a group of which I am a member.   We were accepted, and presently have a group show, at the Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Art Gallery in Vista, California.
"Call to the Heart"


This work stems from a very deep love for my father and how much I miss him every day of my life.  My statement on the label reads:

 "I love you and I'll see you tomorrow", my father said as he kissed me goodbye. As we hugged, a crow called out from its perch atop a telephone wire. There was no tomorrow. An accident took my father's life. From that fateful day forward, when I see and hear a crow utter its call, I hear, "I love you and I'll see you tomorrow." Yes, Daddy. I'll see you tomorrow."



Having the good fortune to not only belong to Beyond the Edge Fiber Artists but to also have my work included in the Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Art Gallery is definitely the highlight of this month for me.

Next week I'll post more photos of the exhibit.

If you are in the vicinity of North County San Diego, hope you have a chance to drop into the show.
"Textile Translations"
 March 7 through April 3, 2017 at the Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Gallery (Rancho Buena Vista Adobe).  The Gallery is located at 640 Alta Vista Drive, Vista, California. Phone (760) 639-6164. The gallery is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 10 am to 3 pm.
Always remember, never fear to experiment.  
Sometimes wonderful things happen.
© Linda Friedman 2017.  All rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely story behind this piece. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pg Slot เครดิตฟรี หรือ มีกิจกรรมที่แจกเครดิตฟรี PG SLOT มีโปรโมชั่นและก็ยังมีแอดมินทำงานที่จะรอเอาใจใส่ดูแลผู้เล่นตลอด 24ชั่วโมง ฝากไม่มีอย่างต่ำที่เว็บของเรา Pg-Slot.Game

    ReplyDelete