Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Kindness Chronicles - 1st November Sunday Post

The Kindness Chronicles 
When I stood in a grocery check out line with an overflowing basket, three people behind me had mere hand carried items.  It only made sense to let them go ahead of me.  One of these individuals was rushing a tasty morsel to a friend in the hospital and was ever so relieved not to have to wait until my cart was emptied.

On another occasion, late one evening I helped a fine lady get into her house when she had locked herself out.

During the height of Hurricane Sandy, I learned of a young girl who I did not know and who was worried that her birthday would be put aside because of the storm.  I sent her a note of encouragement and days later received an e-picture of her celebration.  

Somehow these small acts seem insignificant in light of all the people who have lost everything, are braving the cold and the wet,and unanticipated, frightening homelessness.  My donation to the Red Cross pales in comparison to the selflessness of first responders, but I'm still glad that I was able to contribute, even if it is a drop in the big, big bucket.






No comments:

Post a Comment