|Left over hand dyed and hand painted strips of fabric from another work.|
|Two small silk screens used in previous works|
|Pattern for gold foil bird image copied from original silk screen image|
|Gold foiled bird image fused to fabric and tree image screened onto fabric|
|Quilting begins with the tree image and some sky background (note red apple of shiny, red puff paint)|
It might be worth noting here that the sky background for the bird and tree was created from hand dyed fabric with over printed stamped images from a craft foam stamp that I made a long time ago.
|Bird machine appliqued with continuation of sky background quilting|
|Quilting the sashings|
|Small elements created as accent elements|
|Gel medium painted onto sides of small quilted elements to prevent fraying|
|Small quilted element top stitched onto quilt|
|Fabric altered to create cohesive binding|
Yet another note...Since all the original sashing strips had used up that fabric, I was in a dilemma over what fabric to use for the binding. My stash was not yielding any color that worked, but I did find a blue-blue that did not clash. The problem was that it drabbed down the entire quilt so I set about altering it by first discharging some of the color with a Clorox bleach pen gel, neutralizing it so the bleach would not eat holes in the fabric. Once the fabric had dried, I overpainted it with swish-swashes of Setacolor white fabric paint.
|Altered fabric ready to cut for binding|
|Binding on right side of quilt|
|Binding on back side of quilt|
(Back of quilt)
And there you have it...
"Above Eden"--How it all began and how it ended :-)