Saturday, October 5, 2013

Book Light - Another Use for Fiber Artists

When thread matches fabric (especially on black and other deep, dark colors), have you ever found it difficult to see the stitches as you are sewing?  I have a goose-neck lamp that illuminates the back side of the stitching line but I still have trouble seeing where the thread is going with dark colors.

Last week it dawned on me that I might need to light the needle from the front of the sewing machine and came up with an idea that worked quite well.  I taped a book light to the machine with painter's tape and wa-la, I could see my stitching.

Here's what it looks like...

If you ever experience the same kind of problem, you might want to try this "fix" to see if it works for you.

All contents of this blog are Copyright © 2007-2013 Linda Friedman / Linda's Art Quilts  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment