And here is how I made them.
I started with wood blocks that I cut from stock lumber.
Then I pulled out a caulking gun and some caulking that was in the garage.
I squeezed caulking material onto the blocks and spread it smoothly over the blocks with one of those mock-up credit cards that litter our mail almost weekly. Once I had a smooth surface of caulking, I used a letter opener to scribe a pattern into the caulking material.
Once again, here is what the blocks looked like after I had scribed designs into them. The edges of the scribed lines tended to pull up but I set the blocks aside to dry anyway.
Although the directions on the caulking material indicate that the product is paintable within 30 minutes, I let the blocks dry for a couple of hour just to make sure they were good and dry.
I knew that the surface needed to be flat in order to achieve good prints from the blocks, so I laid parchment paper over them and rolled the surfaces flat with a brayer.
I had a swath of canvas lying around and decided to try out the stamps using Setacolor fabric paint. Here are a couple of closeups of the result.
Here is the entire long, narrow swath of canvas printed.
Always remember, never fear to experiment.
Sometimes wonderful things happen.
© Linda Friedman 2017. All rights reserved